The successful Grants Manager/Administrator of Doing Art Together will be a dynamic individual with proven grant writing and fundraising abilities, and will be capable of supporting organizational operations. The Grants Manager/Administrator will work closely with the Founder/Creative Director, Bookkeeper/Administrator, and the Programs Liaison Assistant.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Founder/Creative Director to determine priority of grant proposals to be written
- Communicate with Creative Director, DAT staff to secure information and documents needed for grant proposals
- Draft letters of inquiry and grant proposals according to the requirements of each specific grant maker
- Review, edit and finalize each document for submission on a timely basis
- Respond in a timely basis to new grant opportunities
- Collaborate with Bookkeeper/Administrator in preparing narrative justification for budgetary expenditures and the development of grant budgets
- Research government and private foundation funding opportunities, determining which are appropriate for the mission of the organization
- Maintain a database of grantmaker research results to include relevant focus areas, geographical focus, process, format, deadlines, likelihood, difficulty, similar grantees, dollar range, etc.
- Create a strategy to ensure a minimum of grant proposals are written monthly
- Maintain a schedule of upcoming, LOI, grant application and reporting deadlines.
- Maintain accurate reporting as required by the grant maker
- Update DAT staff and board on a monthly basis, regarding the status of grant proposals, dollar amount of requests made, funding received, reports due, and other issues related to each grant
- Prepare statistical, technical, and administrative reports
- Collect and analyzes data to determine and evaluate program effectiveness
Assist with grant audits as required
- Track and record grant success rates, based on total applications, ranking, and variance of amount requested to awarded
Fundraising & Communications
- Act as a liaison between government and private funders
- Develop/devise and implement annual fundraising plan
- Work with current sponsors and donors to develop, maintain and broaden those relationships
- Identify and secure new funding to support existing program operations
- Collaborate with DAT Board President and committee members to produce an annual gala which now raises a third of DAT’s operating budget
- Develop and oversee individual donor fundraising
- Establish and cultivate relationships with grant makers/program officers
- Collaborate with Creative Director and DAT staff to maintain current statistics and information needed for grant applications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Able to work in the U.S.
- Minimum of 5 years of high volume grant development and submission experience
- Experience with the arts or education sectors
- Understanding of basic granting structures, including NYS Grant application
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Experience managing an organizational budget
- Exceptional detail-oriented, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, analysis, synthesis, and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Commitment to quality arts education programs and their accessibility
Salary commensurate with experience. Position will begin at two days per week, with the flexibility to add additional days based on organizational need.
Please email cover letter, 3 writing samples, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: DAT Grants Manager/Administrator