Volunteer opportunities with Doing Art Together
Click on opportunities below to learn more:
In the classroom:
In the office - out and about:
If you are interested in learning more or signing up please contact Heather-Marie Montilla at (212) 245-8134 and/or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Artist Assistants
- Assist Teaching Artists with set up, breakdown and clean up for an art workshop
- Help assemble exhibitions; provide language translation (if possible and necessary)
- Manage the evaluation process; accompany class on field trips/museum trips
- Assist with coordination and management of participants
Arts Professionals/Career Guest Lecturers
- Speak to the students about his/her career; the education and skills acquired
- Describe daily activities and responsibilities
- Hold open discussion with students regarding opportunities in his/her arts field
- Assist Teaching Artist with language translation for demonstrations and instructions
- Recruit and engage non-English speaking parents as volunteers
- Provide written translation for marketing materials, evaluations, questionnaires, reflections, etc
- Learn about the work of Doing Art Together and becoming familiar with programs
- Assist with proposals currently underway by adding requested information such as annual audit, board list, mission statement, organizational budgets, publications, photographs, etc
- Help to develop a proposal program budget
- Research to identify new potential funders
- Write compelling proposals
- Rewrite/write proposals tailored to specific stated interests of the foundation or corporation—i.e. early childhood education, GED students, etc.
- Track and maintain of our present funders, i.e. keeping a calendar of due dates, submitting proposals, writing thank you letters for grants received, interim reports and final reports to funders
- Help to develop a strategic plan and cultivate individual donors
- Cultivate corporate and foundation and individual connections by setting up meetings
- Set-up observation of a program
- Develop human interest stories to connect people with our program
- Show how art impacts the lives of students.
- Reach out to galleries, cultural institutions and restaurants for in-kind donations and event space
- Coordinate other volunteers in collecting donations.
- Develop Doing Art Together marketing material, i.e. brochures, flyers
- Contribute fresh marketing ideas to reach DAT’s targeted populations for volunteers and donors
- Assist with appropriate logo marketing
- Assist in securing affordable printing options
Public Relations/Publicity Coordinator
- Establish a publicity contact network for DAT
- Leverage current relationships to create exposure for DAT
- Provide guidance for maintaining DAT’s public presence
Data Analyst for Surveys, etc.
- Provide analysis of data collected from evaluations of programs
- Assist with data from surveys, observations and interviews
Volunteer Team Leader
- Assist DAT staff with the training and management of volunteers for a specific project/art workshop
- Operate as the volunteer contact person for a project and the liaison between DAT staff and volunteers
- Assist DAT with the overall execution of a project.
Doing Art Together Associates Event Coordinator
Doing Art Together Associates (DATA) is a membership group of dynamic and active adults ranging in age from 20 to 40+. DATA members gather for monthly social event s such as gallery openings, artist studio visits, performances, film screenings, and DAT class exhibitions. DAT is seeking a coordinator to work with DATA’s chairperson to schedule and plan events, research locations, recruit donations, etc.
Assist with Tasks at the Annual Benefit
- Assist with the many tasks associated with putting on the Annual Benefit including assisting on the day of the event and at the event itself.
- Assist with Installation of Exhibitions/Gallery
- Doing Art Together has several installations of art work each year. This volunteer assignment would be for assistance in setting up and tearing down the installation(s) and providing assistance at the time of the exhibitions.
Chaperone Field Trips
Many hands are needed on field trips to museums, gallerys, etc. Volunteers are greatly appreciated!