Doing Art Together is a place for youth to express themselves freely in many artistic mediums. Without the helping hands of volunteers and partners DAT wouldn’t be able to provide youth ways to hone their skills because within every child, there is an artist. Be a part of DAT’s journey in finding the means to guide youth, as they grow, to remain artists.
“Visual skills are great importance in a child’s overall growth. They enhance other areas of a child’s education, such as creative writing, history, mathematics and social sciences. More importantly, they are an indication of an open mind, which benefits everybody.” –Muriel Silberstein-Storfer
To learn more about our opportunities click below:
- Discuss career aspirations, educational goals, and acquired skills to students
- Describe daily activities and responsibilities
- Hold an open forum with students regarding opportunities in his/her art field
- Assist Teaching Artist with language translation for demonstrations and instructions
- Recruit and engage non-English speaking parents as volunteers
- Provide written translation for marketing materials, evaluations, questionnaires, reflections, etc
- Assist DAT staff with the training and management of volunteers for a specific project/art workshop
- Operate as the volunteer contact person for a project and the liaison between DAT staff and volunteers
- Assist DAT with the overall execution of a project.
Doing Art Together Associates Event Coordinator
Doing Art Together Associates (DATA) is a membership group of dynamic and active adults ranging in age from 20 to 40+. DATA members gather for monthly social event s such as gallery openings, artist studio visits, performances, film screenings, and DAT class exhibitions. DAT is seeking a coordinator to work with DATA’s chairperson to schedule and plan events, research locations, recruit donations, etc.
- Assist with the many tasks associated with putting on the Annual Benefit including assisting on the day of the event and at the event itself.
- Assist with Installation of Exhibitions/Gallery
- Doing Art Together has several installations of art work each year. This volunteer assignment would be for assistance in setting up and tearing down the installation(s) and providing assistance at the time of the exhibitions.
Begin your path with DAT where your skills and needs for an amazing experience will be fulfilled in our valuable and wondrous opportunities.View More
If you are interested in learning more or joining DAT please contact our office.
Help us spread art and happiness!Donate Now!